Major Exploration Tools
Major Quest - Start your Canvas journey of finding a major. Work through different activities and modules to help you understand your interests and see your major options.
Focus areas - Using focus areas, partner with your Exploratory Advisor to co-design a plan that will help you.
Meet with a Major Advisor - Learn more in depth information about majors of interest and the requirements to declare a major.
Degree Finder - For students exploring major options, your search begins here.
Conversational Space-Maker - Meet with a trained student-expert on exploring your values, goals, conflicts, and difficult decisions.
Career Exploration Tools
Career Design Center – Learn about tools and services to plan your career.
Focus Assessment – Utilize the self-paced career guideance tool.
Occupational Outlook Handbook – Obtain career information such as educational requirements, salary and industry demand.
O*Net Online – Match your interests with potential career paths.
Hiration – Resume Builder Tool. This advanced, AI powered platform can help you create a strong resume and give you excellent feedback.
Meet with a Career Coach
Learn more about career options and career assessments. Call 435-797-7777 or go to University Inn room 102 to schedule an appointment.
Major Exploration Appointments
Meet with an Undeclared/Exploratory Advisor
Schedule an appointment to meet with a professional academic advisor who will guide you through the major exploration process.
Meet with a Major Advisor
If you are declared or know what major you would like to pursue, you can find your advisor’s contact information using Find My Advisor.
Meet with a Peer Advisor
Schedule an appointment with a fellow student who can help you get involved in clubs, find ways to improve your college experience, and answer questions about student life.
Course Planning Tools
GPA Calculator - Estimation
- Calculates a student's Overall GPA and hours/credits, including repeat courses, using requester provided data.
- Calculates a student's desired Overall GPA and hours/credits. Also used to determine various hours/credits and grades needed to raise GPA to a 2.0 or higher.
- Calculates a student's GPA for a group of courses such as majors or minors.
- Review what courses you have completed, as well as the requirements you have yet to complete.
- Plan ahead for the upcoming semester by using the Plan function to outline the courses you will take.
- Get an overview of what courses you will need for a specific major by using the What-If function.