All students admitted to the program must fulfill the requirements below by the following deadlines to be eligible to attend the semester they were admitted: August 1st for Fall Semester, December 1st for Spring Semester, April 1st for Summer Semester (Regional Campus students only).
- Aggie Prep Workshop* - Includes overview of program, program acknowledgement form, and self-assessment
- Student Orientation* - Version varies according to student type
- Take a Proctored ALEKS Math Placement Exam - Required unless Quantitative Literacy general education requirement is met.
- Meet with an Aggie Prep advisor – Required for students attending a Regional Campus, strongly recommended for all Aggie Prep students)
- Register for required 1st semester courses (see below)
*These requirements must be completed prior to registering for courses.
Aggie Prep students are required to complete an advising appointment during their first semester. If they receive below a 2.5 GPA their first semester, they will be required to complete an advising appointment during their second semester. The advising appointment is an opportunity to review grades, discuss academic resources, discuss major exploration and associate degree requirements and finalize selection of classes for the following semester.
|Required Classes and GPA|
|• USU 1730: Strategies for Academic Success or USU 1010: University Connections
• English 1010 and/or a Math/Statistics Course (Math 0950 or above)
|Take 1st Semester|
|• USU1730: Strategies for Academic Success or USU 1010: University Connections (with a C- or higher)
• English 1010 (with a C- or higher)
• Math / Statistics Course (remedial math classes with a C- or higher, Quantitative Literacy with a D or higher)
• 2.0 USU GPA
|End of 2nd Semester*|
|Schedule an advising appointment with your advisor to discuss your current grades and future classes||• 1st Semester
• 2nd semester (if receive below a 2.5 GPA first semester)
Students admitted into the Aggie Prep Program must remain in the Program for at least the 1st semester. Students may declare their desired major after their 1st semester and once they have met the requirements to be accepted into a major program of study.
*Students attending part time (less than 9 credits a semester) may have different completion criteria.